At H&E Accountants we take the protection of your privacy very seriously. We will only use your personal information to deliver the services you have requested from us, and to meet our legal responsibilities. We obtain information about you when you engage us to deliver our services and when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about our services.
Who we are?
We are H&E Accountants and can be contacted at through our website, via email or by telephoning 07394 871209
What information do we collect?
Depending on the services you engage us for, the personal information we collect from you can include: your name, address, telephone number, email address, your Unique Tax Reference (UTR) number, your National Insurance number, bank account details and your IP address. This data is collected when you contact us via email, complete our contact form, or we speak on the telephone.
How do we use personal information?
Depending on which services you engage us for, we may use your information to/for:
· account set up and administration
· maintain our records in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations
· satisfy accounting or reporting obligations
· process financial transactions
· verify your identity where required
· deliver marketing communication
· internal research and development purposes
· provide our services
· legal obligations (e.g. prevention of fraud, crime or corruption)
· meeting internal audit requirements
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Once instructed, in order to carry out our services, we process your data through
• legitimate interests
• vital interests
• legal obligation
Keeping your information up to date and accurate is important to us. We commit to regularly review and correct where necessary, the information that we hold about you. If any of your information changes, please email, call us or use our contact form.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information H&E Accountants holds about you.
When do we share personal data?
H&E Accountants will treat personal data confidentially, although we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once received, we make every effort to ensure the security of your information on our system in order to:
• prevent unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure
• protect data against accidental loss
• ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
• restrict access to personal information
• conduct privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law and your business policies
• train staff on data security
Your data is processed in the UK and is securely backed up both internally and externally. To ensure we operate efficiently we sometimes use servers outside the UK. All our systems comply with the applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We comply with the applicable contractual obligations and legal requirements relating to the services for which we are engaged.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have the right to:
· request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold
· correct any personal information about you that you believe to be incorrect
· ask us to delete personal information about you
· withdraw any consent previously given for us to use your data for direct marketing purposes
Please contact us to exercise any of these rights.
We will always seek to resolve directly any complaints about data-handling but you have a right to lodge a complaint with:
The Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number